Flexible education is offered by alternative providers and is an alternative to mainstream education.
You can complete:
- Year 10 through a CGEA course- this is a Certificate of General Education for Adults – that focuses on Literacy, Numeracy and Personal Development
- Year 11 and 12 with a VCAL course- a ‘hands on’, applied approach to education.
- Year 11 and 12 VCE at TAFE
- A short term re-engagement program
Click Here for location and details on local flexible providers.
Certificate 2 is valuable for the following reasons:
- It is considered a year 12 equivalent
- Some Certificate 2 courses are pre-apprenticeship pathways (a qualification which can help in obtaining an apprenticeship).
Certificate 2 courses can be part of a VET in schools subject. Click Here for more information.
For information on TAFE programs or other study options Click Here.
The Any More Questions video has more information.
Other flexible education options are:
For information on all Flexible and Alternative education options in Australia Click here to link with the DSF database