Before leaving school it is important to have…
- Investigated all in school options.
- Talked to a careers advisor and have a plan.
- Investigated policy and school leaving age.
- Become job ready and Found a job
- Investigated a course including online options.
- Discovered your best career options through career exploration and tests and tools.
- Have an understanding of pathways and alternative entry options.
- Looked at opportunities to gain experience.
This video has information on pathways planning and options Any more questions
The Peninsula Pathways Guide is a PDF /Print resource with information on leaving school options and contacts – ppguide_2014-6
If you have decided to leave school before you complete year 10 or are under 17 you can find out more about your options on the early school leaver page such as:
- Continuing education with an external provider:
- TAFE course – for example Pre apprenticeships
(these are courses that may assist in getting you an apprenticeship)
- Starting an Apprenticeship or Traineeship – visit the employment section Here
- Having a break from school and doing a re engagement program.
These are short term courses offered externally.
- Online secondary education and other online courses.
- Distance Education
- Home or Part Time Education
For information on going back to school Click Here
For more information on ‘in school’ programs Click Here
To find a career counsellor to talk about options Click Here
To find out about short term programs, that can allow for a break from school.
More information is available Here
To see a map of all the flexible providers in the FMP region Click Here
YEAR 11 and 12 School Leavers
For year 12 school leavers contemplating their pathway the following websites have information on options in relation to what to do next.