Flexible education is offered by alternative providers and is an alternative to mainstream education.
You can complete:
- Year 10 through a CGEA course- this is a Certificate of General Education for Adults – that focuses on Literacy, Numeracy and Personal Development
- Year 11 and 12 with a VCAL course- a ‘hands on’, applied approach to education.
- Year 11 and 12 VCE at TAFE
- A short term re-engagement program
- Some local re-engagement programs and be found here
In the FMP Region we have a number of independant school who offer flexible VCAL Programs :
Certificate 2 may be valuable, some Certificate 2 courses are pre-apprenticeship pathways (a qualification which can help in obtaining an apprenticeship) and can be part of VET in schools
Other flexible education options are: