Flexible education is offered by alternative providers and is an alternative to mainstream education.
You can complete:
- Year 10 through a CGEA course- this is a Certificate of General Education for Adults – that focuses on Literacy, Numeracy and Personal Development
- Year 11 and 12 with a VCAL course- a ‘hands on’, applied approach to education.
- Year 11 and 12 VCE at TAFE
- A short term re-engagement program
In the FMP Region we have a number of independant school who offer flexible VCAL Programs :
Certificate 2 is valuable for the following reasons:
- It is considered a year 12 equivalent
- Some Certificate 2 courses are pre-apprenticeship pathways (a qualification which can help in obtaining an apprenticeship).
- Certificate 2 courses can be part of VET in schools
The Any More Questions video has more information.
Other flexible education options are:
If you need assistance navigating your options please contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on all Flexible and Alternative education options in Australia- DSF