Before leaving school it is important to have…
- Talked to a careers advisor and have a plan .
- Become job-ready and found a job
- Investigated a course including online options.
- Discovered your best career options through career exploration and tests and tools.
- Have an understanding of pathways and alternative entry options.
- Looked at opportunities to gain experience.
If you re thinking of leaving school before you complete year 10 or are under 17 you can find out more about your options on the early school leaver page such as:
- Investigating all in school options.
- Information on policy and school leaving age.
- Continuing education with an external provider
- TAFE course – for example Pre apprenticeships
- Investigating Employment
- Starting an Apprenticeship or Traineeship
- Having a break from school and doing a re engagement program.These are short term courses offered externally.
- Online secondary education and other online courses.
- Distance Education
- Home or Part Time Education
- Re engaging at school
- Short term programs, that can allow for a break from school.
The Pathways-guide-2019-2020 is a PDF /Print resource with information on leaving school options and contacts