Senior school programs can be completed at a school, TAFE of RTO , both VCE and VCAL are year 11 and 12 certificates

Senior School Programs are:

The Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) and The Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL).

Both Programs can include a VET Certificate – This is a TAFE course undertaken at school.

A School Based Apprenticeship (SBAT) can also be incorporated into either program – this is where you work and also undertake a certificate toward a qualification.

Where to Now – outlines the structure of senior programs and how to plan a program.

In the FMP region:

  • All public secondary schools offer VCE.
  • Most secondary schools offer VCAL.
  • There are also private and independent schools that offer both VCE and VCAL.
  • There is an RTO in the region that offers VCAL.
  • TAFE offers both VCAL and VCE.

Find out more about which providers offers what certificate in the Flexible Providers section of the the site and on each schools website.