Who are re- engagement programs for?
- Students who need a break from traditional educational pathways
- Students who are early school leavers and wanting to access education/training or employment.
- Students wanting to improve literacy, numeracy and skills.
Locations and contacts:
- Various locations
- Year 7 -12 Curriculum
- For young people who have left, or are disengaged from school.Re-introduces students to learning to the extent that they are able to be successful and to build upon this success.
- Program is centered around a developmentally responsive personalised student learning and pathway plan with a focus on development of literacy and numeracy skills and pursuing student’s interest.
Frankston Ph: 8796 0200
Hand Brake Turn, Dandenong
- Hand Brake Turn gives young people a real opportunity to get their lives on track and carve out a successful pathway for the future.
- As a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), they provide accredited training in Motor Mechanics, Spray Painting, Car Detailing, OHS as well as job skills.
- There are 5 courses each year.
Ph: 9793 1466
Tools for the Trade Program
- Salvocare Eastern run an eight week trade oriented program, aimed to assist young people who are disengaged from main stream schooling and at risk of long term employment.
Ph: 8878 4500
This is a free and supported hospitality and work readiness training program for disengaged young people aged 15-24 based at Frankston South Community and Recreation Centre.
Trainees will also put together a resume, cover letter and participate in interview training and will be supported by a youth worker throughout and beyond this program.
Monday – Wednesday 10am – 3pm- 10 week program
For more information please contact Justin Smith on 0436 375 930 or Justin.firstname.lastname@example.org
Foundation Learning College
The FLC offers the SEED and RISE Programs.
Further information is available here
– If you need help reconnecting with school the Reconnect Program can help